Although multi-vehicle auto accidents can be deadly, single-vehicle crashes can also lead to catastrophic injuries and fatalities. At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, our experienced auto accident attorneys have helped thousands of clients recover maximum compensation in all types of car accident cases and will fight to protect your rights and interests.
Types Of One-Car Auto Accidents
- Passengers injuries occur when a passenger gets injured as a result of any of the following types of one-car accidents.
- Fixed object crashes occur when a driver collides with a stationary object such as a parked car, telephone pole, tree, road sign or guardrail.
- Pedestrian accidents happen when a driver strikes a pedestrian on the road, side of the road or sidewalk.
- Bicycle accidents occur when a driver hits a cyclist who is riding or stopped on the road.
- Non-fixed object crashes include crashes caused by poor road design, defects, ruts, potholes, tree limbs and other items or debris on the road.
- Crashes involving animals commonly occur when a driver hits a large animal such as a deer, but serious accidents can also occur when a motorist swerves to avoid hitting a dog, cat or other animal.
Drivers, passengers, pedestrians and bicyclists can all suffer serious injury or death as a result of these types of collisions.
Liability For One-Car Auto Accidents
New Jersey is a no-fault car insurance state, which means that whether you are injured as a passenger or driver, you will need to file a claim under your own personal injury protection (PIP) auto insurance coverage to get compensation for your medical expenses and other damages.
If you’ve been hurt as a passenger, cyclist or pedestrian and you don’t have your own auto insurance, the driver of the motor vehicle that caused your injuries may be liable for your damages. Even if you do have your own PIP coverage, the amount of compensation you receive may not come close to covering your medical bills and lost wages if you’ve suffered serious injuries. Seeking the counsel of experienced West Milford auto accident attorneys who understand how to navigate these complex aspects of auto insurance claims and personal injury law is vital to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact An Experienced Auto Accident Attorney You Can Trust
If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in a one-car auto accident, we can help. Call us in Jersey City at 201-798-2711, West Milford at 973-874-0556, or contact us online for a free phone consultation today. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we offer home and hospital visits throughout Northern New Jersey. Se habla Español.