Jersey City Tractor Trailer Crash Lawyers
Due to the sheer size and momentum of a commercial vehicle such as a tractor trailer, 18-wheeler, or delivery truck, truck accidents often cause the most serious accidents and injuries. For over 40 years, the Jersey City personal injury lawyers at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman have helped truck accident victims in New Jersey recover the compensation they deserve.
Types of Truck Accident Claims
From our Jersey City law firm, we represent motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, passengers, and truck drivers who have suffered injury or loss as a result of a New Jersey truck accident caused by another’s negligence, including:
- Intersection accidents involving a truck or commercial vehicle
- Unsafe lane change, speeding, driving under the influence and other forms of driver negligence
- Load shift caused by improper loading, improperly secured loads or vehicle overload
- Negligent truck maintenance and failure to follow National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) standards
- Driver inattention or fatigue caused by overhours driving or texting or using the Internet while driving
Experienced Representation in New Jersey Truck Accident Cases
Our highly experienced truck accident lawyers can protect your rights and fight for your recovery in these complex situations. Early investigation is vitally important in many cases, especially those involving a personal injury or wrongful death caused in a truck accident. The Jersey City truck accident attorneys at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman can obtain the truck drivers’ logs, vehicle data recordings, eyewitness testimony, on-scene evidence and police reports that may be critical in proving who is responsible for your New Jersey truck accident injury.
Because every case is different, the best advice can be provided if you call the Jersey City truck injury law firm at 201-798-2711201-798-2711. You will speak with an experienced New Jersey truck accident attorney at no cost and no obligation to you. We can answer many questions right on the phone and, if you like, schedule a free in-person consultation at your convenience.
Investigation in New Jersey Truck Accident Cases
Many questions arise in trucking accident cases. We have extensive experience in these cases and can answer these important questions:
- Was the truck driver an independent operator or was the truck owned and operated by a commercial trucking company? (This can impact available insurance coverage.)
- Was the truck driver hauling a load for a carrier or on his own time (bob-tailing)? (This also affects insurance coverage)
- Was the driver fatigued due to overhours driving, and did the driver keep two sets of books to disguise this practice?
- Was the cargo loaded and secured properly?
- If you are a truck driver who was injured in an accident, are you eligible for workers’ compensation? Can you also file a third-party claim against the responsible party?
Jersey City is a busy thoroughfare for truckers bringing loads from the port in Newark and across the Hudson River, to and from New England via Route 95, and fanning out to points west and south. Out-of-state truckers are commonly present on our highways — presenting challenges when it comes to identifying and collecting on available insurance coverage. We have vast experience in dealing with these complex insurance issues in New Jersey truck accident claims and litigation.
Jersey City 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers to Answer Your Questions and Fight for Your Rights
At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, we welcome the opportunity to represent people in other vehicles injured in truck crashes — or the truckers themselves, who may have workers’ compensation claims in addition to other sources of compensation for their own injuries.
Our New Jersey tractor trailer accident attorneys diligently investigate all possible insurance coverages, handle all the paperwork for you, make sure your medical bills are properly submitted and paid by the appropriate insurance company, and fight to maximize your recovery for pain and suffering, property damage, and lost wages or earnings.
Contact Our Jersey City and Newark Trucking Accident Attorneys
Even if you are not sure you have a case, if you have a question or concern, give us a call. Consultations with our firm are always completely free. We speak with many people who do not open cases, but just have questions. We are happy to provide this service. Contact our Jersey City law firm to protect your rights and see how we can help you.
Free Consultation. No Fee If No Recovery.
Evening or weekend appointments and home or hospital visits can be
arranged throughout Northern New Jersey.
Give us a call; we’re here for you.
Se Habla Español
Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman accepts truck accident and other motor vehicle accident cases throughout Northern New Jersey, including those on the New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway, Route 1, Route 3, Route 4, Route 9, Route 17, Route 46, Route 78, Route 80, Route 95, Route 280 and Route 287, or in the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel or George Washington Bridge.