New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Our team of experienced workers’ compensation lawyers at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman has represented injured workers throughout New Jersey for more than 40 years. Our offices are in Jersey City and Newfoundland, but we also handle workers’ comp claims in West Milford, Jefferson, Vernon, Kinnelon, and many other Northern New Jersey counties, including Hudson, Essex, Passaic, Bergen, Morris, and Sussex counties.
- Back injury due to lifting a heavy object or person
- Construction site-related injury, including heavy equipment or power tool injuries that can lead to lacerations, punctures, or amputations
- Falling off a ladder or hi-lo machine
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Warehouse-related injuries
- Injuries caused by chemical burns, spills, or inhalation
- Accident involving car, bus or truck while working
- Dropping a heavy object on a body part
These are just a few examples of specific injuries. Regardless of who was at fault, if you’re injured on the job, you’re entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Injuries Due To Occupational ExposureOccupational exposure or occupational disease involves an injury or condition that’s caused over time due to repetitive motion or the nature of your work. Some examples include:
- Back pain from years of heavy or repetitive bending and lifting
- Pain in the hands, arms, knees, back, or feet from years of factory work
- Asbestosis or mesothelioma from working with or breathing in asbestos
- Pulmonary or respiratory conditions from working in a factory or warehouse with dust, dirt or chemicals
- Carpal tunnel syndrome from years of typing or keyboarding
- Cancer from exposure to certain chemicals or carcinogens
The type of work you performed, the conditions in which you worked, and the number of years you have been in an industry are important factors to consider in occupational workers’ comp claims. Our workers’ compensation lawyers are well-versed in handling all types of occupational injury claims.
Other Types Of Workers’ Compensation Claims
A dependency claim may be filed by a spouse or other family member when a worker is killed on the job or due to an occupational injury or condition. We also provide assistance with appealing and reopening workers’ comp claims. Each case is different. Our workers’ compensation attorneys take the time to listen and act as your staunch advocate every step of the way.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
In New Jersey, all employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance by law. If you’ve been injured on the job, you’re entitled to receive employer-paid benefits. Generally, workers’ compensation provides three benefits to injured workers:
- Medical treatment with an authorized company doctor
- Temporary disability if you’re out of work for eight days or more — temporary disability is typically 70% of your regular weekly wage.
- Permanent disability, which is monetary compensation for permanent injury
How Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You Protect Your Rights
While filing a workers’ compensation claim may seem like a straightforward process, it’s often complex. It’s important to keep in mind Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not looking out for your best interest. Although your employer’s insurer may pay for your medical treatment, it can be an uphill battle to recover compensation for permanent injuries. Some employers or insurers may insist that you return to work while you’re still too injured to perform your duties.
Our tenacious workers’ compensation lawyers fight to ensure you receive the proper medical care you need. At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, we also make certain that you recover fair compensation for your injuries. If your workplace injury has left you with some form of permanent disability that prevents you from working again, your workers’ comp benefits should cover your medical expenses, a portion of lost wages, and any permanent physical damage.
We can help you understand your rights as an injured worker, collect vital evidence to support your claim, and help to ensure you recover the cash benefits to which you’re entitled. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t pay attorney fees until we successfully recover compensation for your claim.
Contact Us If You’ve Been Hurt On The Job
Our team at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman has a proven track record of success when it comes to fighting for injured workers’ rights in New Jersey. Many of our clients are returning former clients, their children or friends, or referrals from other attorneys throughout the state. Call us today at 201-798-2711 in Jersey City or 973-874-0556 in Newfoundland, New Jersey, or contact us via e-mail to schedule a free consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer. We serve clients in Jersey City, West Milford, Jefferson, Vernon, Kennelon, and throughout Northern New Jersey.
Free Consultation. No Fee If No Recovery.
Evening or weekend appointments and home or hospital visits can be arranged throughout Northern New Jersey.
Give us a call; we’re here for you.
Se Habla Español.