Supermarket Injuries • New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys
Supermarkets, grocery stores, wholesale food stores, and other retail stores are the site of many accidental injuries each year. These stores are designed to focus the customer’s attention on shelves of merchandise, often leaving them vulnerable to conditions on the floors. Supermarkets and grocery stores, which sell produce and refrigerated meats, are particularly susceptible to spills on the floor which can cause slip and fall injuries. These stores are responsible to regularly inspect the floors, check merchandise displays and take all reasonable precautions for the safety of shoppers and workers. If you have been injured in a supermarket, grocery, or other store, you may be entitled to compensation.
Experienced Supermarket Accident Lawyers
The personal injury law firm of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman has successfully represented victims of supermarket injuries for more than 40 years. We have successfully recovered money damages for people injured in ShopRite, Pathmark, Stop & Shop, A&P, Extra, Walmart, and numerous other stores throughout Hudson, Essex, Bergen, Morris, and Union County and elsewhere in New Jersey. We can put our combined 95 years of experience to work for you.
Some examples of the cases we have successfully handled for clients include:
- Fruit on the floor in produce area, such as squashed grape, causing slip and fall
- Water on floor in entrance to store or produce area, without adequate rubber mats
- Water leaks from refrigerated cases in freezer or meats sections, causing slip and fall
- A spill in an aisle is not cleaned up quickly and causes a slip and fall
- Empty pallets or cartons are left on the floor causing a trip and fall
- A store employee pushing a cart or hand jack strikes a customer in the leg
- Products on shelves are displayed unsafely and protrude into the aisle or fall from high shelves onto customers
- Falls on ice or snow outside store on sidewalk or parking lot
Note: Any injury by a store employee, regardless of cause, may be eligible for workers’ compensation.
If you have been injured in any way at a supermarket, grocery store, bodega, superstore, or other store, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury, pain and suffering and lost wages.
Because every case is different, more specific advice can be given if you call our Jersey City office at 201-798-2711201-798-2711. You will speak with an experienced personal injury attorney at no cost and no obligation to you. We can answer many questions right on the phone and, if you like, schedule a free in-person consultation at home, the hospital or anywhere else that is convenient for you.
If you retain our firm to represent you for your supermarket injury, we will fully investigate you claim. We will obtain from the store, through discovery, important answers, such as:
Was an accident report prepared by the store?
- Is there a security video depicting the injury or fall?
- Did personnel at the store know about a spill and fail to clean it up in a timely manner?
- Was the store improperly staffed to account for crowded conditions and abundance of merchandise?
- What was the store’s protocol for inspection of the store?
The team at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your supermarket injury to determine all possible responsible parties and to maximize your potential recovery.
Protect Your Rights after a Supermarket Injury
Call the skilled New Jersey lawyers of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman at 201-798-2711201-798-2711 for a free consultation. You may also contact us by e-mail now to ask a question or to schedule an appointment with a lawyer at our Jersey City location. Feel free to view our FAQ page for answers to some common questions.
Free Consultation. No Fee If No Recovery.
Evening or weekend appointments and home or hospital visits can be arranged throughout Northern New Jersey.
Give us a call; we’re here for you.
Se Habla Español