Regardless of the type of work you do or who was at fault for your injury, if you’ve been hurt at work, you’re entitled to receive employer-paid benefits for your medical bills, a portion of lost wages, other injury-related expenses and money for your permanent injury. At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, our knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyers have decades of experience representing injured workers in all types of New Jersey workers’ comp claims.
Are You Eligible For A Worker’s Compensation Claim?
Generally, to collect workers’ compensation benefits, you must show that you were injured in the course of your employment. These four things are also required to be eligible to file a workers’ comp claim:
- You must be an employee (not an independent contractor)
- Your employer must carry workers’ compensation insurance or be approved for self-insurance by the state of New Jersey
- Your injury or illness must be work-related
- You must adhere to the State of New Jersey’s deadlines for reporting the injury and filing a workers’ compensation claim
Work-Related Injury Or Illness
If you were working or doing something for the benefit of your employer and were injured as a result, then your injury or illness is considered work-related. Workers’ comp benefits may also apply in some other situations such as being injured during a lunch break or at a company-sponsored social event. That’s why it’s vital to seek the counsel of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer who is well-versed in the complexities of New Jersey employment law.
Some common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Injuries caused by lifting, bending or twisting
- Injury caused by falling objects
- Injury due to machinery or equipment
- Electric shocks or burns
- Illnesses sustained due to chemical exposure
- Vehicle accidents while driving on the job
- Dog bites or attacks received during deliveries
Contact A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer In New Jersey
Filing a workers’ compensation claim can often be a complex and tedious procedure. Having an experienced workers’ comp attorney to guide you through the process can ensure that all documentation is properly completed and filed on time.
Regardless of the type of injury or illness you are facing, our skilled workers’ compensation lawyer will fight to get you employer-paid benefits to cover your medical expenses, a portion of lost wages and any permanent physical damage. If your injury was caused by a defective product, you may be entitled to file a third-party product liability lawsuit as well.
At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, our knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer will work tirelessly to help you get the benefits you deserve to protect your health and financial future. Check our contact us page, call 201-798-2711 or contact us via email now for a free phone consultation. Se habla Español.