Experienced New Jersey Attorneys for Falls on Stairs or Steps
The Jersey City law firm of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman has successfully represented people injured on stairs, steps and ladders for the past three decades. Some of the more common factual situations we have encountered include:(Bulleted list)
- Marble or tile steps become slippery when wet, no slip guard installed
- Metal nosing strip of one step sticks out and causes a trip and fall down the stairs
- Broken off piece of brick or concrete step causes a foot to slip
- Missing handrail required by housing code contributes to a staircase fall
- Lighting inside staircase is inadequate or defective, darkness causes a fall
- Improperly attached ladder or fire escape detaches from wall and falls to ground
- Carpeted steps have a hole or rip which catches a toe or heel and causes a fall
- Handrail of staircase is improperly attached, and it pulls away
- Old wooden staircase collapses under foot causing a fall
- Ice or snow on steps causing a slip and fall
- Stairs are wet due to a leak in the window or ceiling causing a slip and fall
Injuries from Falling on Stairs or Steps
Falls on stairs, steps and ladders can cause severe injuries including:
- Broken or fractured bones (legs, hips, ankles, wrists are most common).
- Torn ligaments of the ankle or knee
- Severe sprains, pulled muscles and contusions
- Tumbling down the stairs can cause head trauma, resulting in bleeding in the brain, loss of consciousness or even death.
- If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a fall down stairs, seek immediate medical attention especially if there is a head injury.
Recovering Your Damages
If you have suffered a fall on a staircase, step or ladder, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Our experienced and dedicated attorneys will investigate all possible sources of recovery. In addition to the owner there may be contractors, subcontractors, maintenance companies or other people or companies who are partially responsible. Frequently we retain safety engineering experts to inspect and analyze the dangerous condition. We will determine the applicable insurance coverage, if any, and fight to obtain the maximum recovery for you.
Importance of Photographs
If possible after your fall, you should take pictures of the stairs, steps or ladder upon which you fell. Take close-up shots of the specific condition which caused your fall. Also take shots from the top looking down and from the bottom looking up. If you have bruises, bleeding, black-and-blue, or a cast or sling, take pictures of those as well. It is best to have pictures of the broken step, icy step, missing handrail, broken light bulb, or other condition which caused the accident before it is fixed by the owner.
Because every fall down injury case is different, the best legal advice can be provided if you call our Jersey City office at 201-798-2711201-798-2711. You will speak with an experienced personal injury attorney at no cost and no obligation to you. Tell us about your injury and we’ll tell you if you have case.
We Can Help You Today
Have questions? Not sure if you have a case? Questions about New Jersey Fall Down Law? Call the Jersey City lawyers of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman at 201-798-2711201-798-2711. We may be able to answer your questions right now, or we can schedule a free consultation. You may also contact us by e-mail now.
Free Consultation. No Fee If No Recovery.
Evening or weekend appointments and home or hospital visits can be arranged throughout Northern New Jersey.
Give us a call; we’re here for you.
Se Habla Español