Experienced and Recommended West Milford Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
The Jersey City law firm of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman represents injured workers throughout New Jersey. We have one of the largest workers’ compensation practices in Hudson County, but also routinely handle claims throughout Essex, Passaic, Bergen, Morris, Sussex and other counties in northern New Jersey. The firm has been helping injured employees for more than 40 years and many of our new clients are returning former clients, or their children or friends, who have been recommended to see us. We also receive referrals from other attorneys throughout the state. We take great pride in our reputation for leadership and success in the field of workers’ compensation.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Cases
Workers’ compensation cases fall into a number of different categories. Some are more common than others. The most common type of case is referred to as a specific incident. This involves an injury which typically occurs one specific time. Some examples would be:
- Car, bus or truck accident while working for your employer
- Slip or trip while working, either at your job or on site somewhere else
- Chemical spill or burn on the job
- Machine injury or power tool injury, including lacerations, punctures, or amputations
- Dropping a box or other object on your foot
- Falling off a ladder or hi-lo
- Lifting a heavy object (or person) causes back injury
These are just some examples of specific injuries. The important thing to note is that in workers’ compensation it does not matter who is at fault. If you are working when you get injured, even if it is your own fault, you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
Another type of workers’ compensation claim is referred to as occupational exposure or occupational disease. This type of claim involves a medical injury or condition which occurs due to the nature of the work you have performed over several years. Some examples include:
- Back pain from years of heavy or repetitive bending and lifting
- Pain in the hands, arms, knees, back, or feet from years of factory work
- Asbestosis or mesothelioma from working with or breathing in asbestos
- Pulmonary or respiratory conditions from working in a factory or warehouse with dust, dirt or chemicals
- Carpal tunnel syndrome from years of typing or keyboarding
- Cancer from exposure to certain chemicals or carcinogens
In occupational claims, the type of work you performed, the conditions in which you worked and the number of years you have been in the industry will be important factors to discuss with the attorney.
Other types of workers’ compensation claims include Dependency Claims (when a worker dies from an incident or exposure on the job), Reopener claims or informal claims.
Because every case is different, the best advice can be provided if you call our Jersey City office at 201-798-2711201-798-2711. You will speak with an experienced accident workers’ compensation attorney at no cost and no obligation to you. We can answer many questions right on the phone and, if you like, schedule a free in-person consultation at your convenience.
Worker’s Compensation Benefits
In general, workers’ compensation provides three benefits to the injured worker:
- Medical treatment with an authorized company doctor
- Temporary disability for employees out of work for 8 days or more, usually amounting to 70% of your regular weekly wage
- Permanent disability – money compensation for permanent injury
Protect Your Rights After an On the Job Injury
Some insurance companies will voluntarily pay for your medical treatment, but will not compensate you for your permanent injury. Some will try and make you return to work while you are still too injured to work. Our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys will fight to ensure you receive the proper medical care and that you recover fair compensation for your injury. At Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman, there is no attorney’s fee unless and until you recover money for your claim. You can be certain the insurance companies have lawyers working for them trying to minimize the benefits you are provided. Make sure you have the experienced lawyers at Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman fighting for your rights under the workers’ compensation law.
Call the New Jersey lawyers of Krivitzky, Springer & Feldman at 201-798-2711201-798-2711 for a free consultation. You may also contact us by e-mail now to ask a question or to schedule an appointment with a lawyer at our Jersey City or West Milford locations.
Free Consultation. No Fee If No Recovery.
Evening or weekend appointments and home or hospital visits can be
arranged throughout Northern New Jersey.
Give us a call; we’re here for you.
Se Habla Español